Montreal, QC, Canada | Posted on 08/23/2021
Levy Salis LLP is a dynamic, growing, and versatile law firm that specializes in Canadian, US, and cross border tax and estate planning for individuals and businesses, as well as in US real estate transactions for Canadians. We are looking for an assiduous and highly motivated paralegal to join a thriving legal practice with an emphasis on real estate transactions, estate planning, the settlement of estates, and non-contentious proceedings before a Quebec Notary. Working out of our brand-new downtown Montreal office, you will join a team of experienced legal professionals who adopt a modern approach to tax and estate planning and the opportunity to work with high-net worth clients. If you are looking for growth opportunity and for working on complex, challenging, and stimulating files, this position is for you.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Downtown Montreal, Quebec
Firm: Levy Salis LLP
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
- Draft and review notarial documents in the areas of estate planning, the settlement of estates, non-contentious proceedings before a Quebec Notary, and Quebec real estate transactions
- Registration of deeds with the Land Register of Quebec and the RDPRM
- Organizing and scheduling appointments and meetings
- Notarial accounts – preparation of receipts, cheques, monthly reconciliation, etc.
- Accounting – preparation of invoices, receipt of trust payments, etc.
- Updating of database and archives
- General administrative duties
Skills, Qualities, and Qualifications:
- Diploma of College Studies in Paralegal Technology or Attestation of College Studies in Paralegal Studies
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience as a Paralegal
- Bilingual: English and French, both written and spoken
- Well-developed legal drafting skills
- Strong interest and aptitude for real estate transactions, estate planning and the settlement of estates
Please submit your CV, a cover letter, and university transcripts to email@example.com with the subject line: with the subject line: Application for Paralegal Position.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.