Levy Salis LLP is a dynamic, growing, and versatile law firm that specializes in Canadian and US tax and estate planning as well as in US real estate transactions for Canadians. We are looking for an associate lawyer to join our ambitious, creative, collegial, and hardworking cross border tax and estate planning team. Working out of our downtown Montreal office, you will be at the heart of a practice with an innovative approach to tax and estate planning.
Reporting to the partner and the senior lawyer, you will be part of a team that are subject matter specialists who advise individuals and businesses on domestic and cross border tax and estate planning strategies. Our typical clients include Canadians moving to the United States, Americans moving to Canada, individuals holding cross border investments, and businesses with operations in both Canada and the United States. Being one of the few law firms in Canada with a dedicated cross border practice, this is a unique opportunity to work on stimulating and complex engagements with high net worth clients.
Position: Associate Lawyer in Cross Border Tax and Estate Planning
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Downtown Montreal, Quebec
Firm: Levy Salis LLP
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
- Draft memoranda and legal opinions on Canadian and US tax and estate planning issues
- Advise on the Canadian and US tax issues of transactions and reorganizations
- Draft estate planning documents (wills, powers of attorney, trust agreements, etc.)
- Create Canadian and US corporate and partnership structures
- Draft M&A agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and other commercial contracts
- Research changes to Canadian and US tax and estate planning laws
- Draft blog posts on Canadian and US tax and estate planning topics
Skills, Qualities, and Qualifications:
- Member in good standing of the Quebec Bar, another Canadian Law Society and/or a US State Bar
- Two (2) to four (4) years of practice with a focus on tax and estate planning
- M. in tax (Canadian or US tax) or In-Depth Tax Course offered by CPA Canada an asset
- Bilingual: English and French, both written and spoken
- High-level legal writing skills
- Collegial character
Please submit your CV, a cover letter, university transcripts, and evidence of good standing with the Quebec Bar/a Canadian Law Society/US State Bar to email@example.com with the subject line: Application for Cross Border Tax and Estate Planning Lawyer Position.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.