Levy Salis LLP is a dynamic, growing, and versatile law firm that specializes in Canadian and cross border tax and estate planning. We are looking for an experienced paralegal to join a thriving legal practice with an emphasis on Quebec estate planning, settlement of estates, non-contentious proceedings and real estate transactions. If you are looking for growth opportunity and for working on complex, challenging, and stimulating files, this position is for you.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Downtown Montreal, Quebec
Firm: Levy Salis LLP
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
- Draft and review notarial documents in the areas of Quebec estate planning, the settlement of estates, non-contentious proceedings, and Quebec real estate transactions;
- Registration of deeds with the Land Register of Quebec and the RDPRM;
- Communicate with the various legal stakeholders and clients;
- Organizing and scheduling appointments and meetings;
- Notarial Trust Account – preparation of receipts, cheques, monthly reconciliation, etc.;
- Ensure a rigorous follow-up of files, management of schedules; and
- General administrative duties.
Skills, Qualities, and Qualifications:
- Diploma of College Studies in Paralegal Technology or Attestation of College Studies in Paralegal Studies;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Paralegal;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a Quebec notarial practice;
- Bilingual: English and French, both written and spoken;
- Well-developed legal drafting skills;
- Strong interest and aptitude for, Quebec estate planning, settlement of estates and real estate transactions.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com with the subject line: Application for Paralegal Position
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.